First-Gen Student Board
Be a leader. Join the conversation. Make an impact.
If you are a first-generation college student in LAS looking to be a leader in the first-gen community, then join the conversation as a member of the NEW First-Gen Student Board! Review the program details outlined below, including information on how to sign up!
Why you should join
- Make an impact and represent the first-gen voice by sharing your experiences.
- Build your network and knowledge of resources and opportunities by connecting with faculty, staff, and peers.
- Develop communication, organization, and teambuilding skills by planning events and workshops to support/engage your peers.
What you’ll do
- Serve as advisory board for First-at-LAS by providing program direction and identifying focus areas.
- Serve as ambassadors for First-at-LAS by representing the first-gen experience at campus speaking engagements and events.
- Organize and plan different events that support or enhance the college experience for peers.
- Serve as peer mentors to students who are just starting their UIC journey.
Who is eligible to participate
- Full-time LAS students who identify as first-generation college students.
- Students across majors and years are welcome.